MASS AWARENESS CAMPAIGN ON FINANCIAL LITERACY In RBI Model Village.
Venue: Marvad Zilla Panchayat School Ground, Marvad
The major aim of the campaign was to build financial literacy awareness among the rural community especially women & farmers at the regional context of particular area and the socio-economic condition of the poor women of Gujarat.
The objective of the Mass Awareness Campaign on Financial Literacy is included helping the participants listed as under:
- Dovetailing Financial Literacy / Inclusion with NABARD development projects viz. VDP
- Create awareness of the financial issues in life of the poor with special reference to the need and importance of Financial Inclusion.
- To bring about attitudinal change from ‘day to day living’ to thinking for the future and visualize the financial goals in life to attain financial independence.
- Inculcate healthy financial behaviour particularly in respect control over avoidable expenses and develop habit of savings to meet the needs and risks of life.
- Awareness of the role of NABARD, its development projects, dovetailing with Financial Inclusion initiatives.
- Be informed of various financial products deposits (no frills etc), credit, remittances, insurance, pension etc and operational produce related thereto.